The medical world is in demand for nurses more than ever before, and this is not surprising because the rise in sick people who need nurses is on the increase as well. The medical community is strapped to its absolute limit and LVNs are accredited for filling in this gap.
LVN Salary Information:
- If you desire to be an LVN , you must complete 6 months to one year of training.
- You must pass an examination known as the National Council Licensure Examination
- Your experience determines your salary
- Your location is also a major determinant of your salary
- The average LVN salary starts out at around $20, 000 to $30,000 per year
- With experience you can make as much as $49, 364 annually.
- The scale goes up as you gain more experience
- Working towards becoming an RN (Registered Nurse) will give you more knowledge and even better pay.
- On a starting hourly basis LVNs are paid around $13.90 per hour
- The higher end of this hourly wage is $26.50 per hour
- The average LVN makes about $19.50 per hour
- Connecticut pays LVNs the highest salary at $52, 300 per year
The Work of an LVN
Although an LVN works very hard, the working conditions in the average hospital are top notch. There is nice equipment and great lighting, as well as a very clean environment. LVNs are required to work at least 40 hours per week and sometimes more. LVN starting salary isn’t spectacularly high, but as you gain knowledge and expertise, it will rise quickly.
If you are willing to work overtime and on holidays, you can earn a handsome pay for doing so. In diseased third world countries there is a huge demand for quality LVNs. Many nurses have helped tremendously in combating disease in these underprivileged places. Without the help of these nurses, the conditions could be even more disastrous than they already are.
LVN Specialization And Education
As mentioned before, if you continue your education as an LVN , you have an even better chance of earning more pay annually. If you obtain certification in identity fields in your area, you can expect a very good pay raise. Some popular fields to specialize in to increase the LVN salary are: geriatrics, pediatrics, infection control and Neonatal units in the hospital.
You can also concentrate beyond the limits of patient care as well. There are many jobs in administration that can lead you down the path of the best salary of all. Learning the day to day structure of a typical hospital can give you valuable experience and great rewards. If you care about the well-being of people and are interested in furthering your education, a career as an LVN is the perfect and lucrative choice for you. You can find numerous sites online that are loaded with great information about this very respectable professional and career. Start your future off today and become an LVN. LVNs are more than just RNs in training. They are very noble and valuable workers in our society.